
We just finished dinner... (sigh). I am feeling better compared to Monday and Tuesday of this week. However, I am still tired and my voice has not returned and the horrible cough is still ever present. Darrel is working DAY FIVE of his nine day run (it was 10 days but he was cancelled on Tuesday which, was a blessing because I was so sick).
Oh yea, dinner... or food in general - I made a southwest crock pot meal. Corey took one look at it and said, "I don't like it. I want peanut butter and Jelly." Nic took one bite and then wouldn't eat anymore. He asked for a banana and ate one bite of that and declared he was finished. Then came to me requesting to eat MY food. Lately he will only eat if I feed him. Daryl ate the most out of the three but still requested a jelly sandwich. When I made two sandwiches, Nic begged for one as well. I was hesitant to give him one but did so against my better judgement. Currently, a half eaten jelly sandwich remains on the table. I am very frustrated. Cooking and preparing meals is already challenging but when you add all seven factors in (each member of our family) it gets more hopeless for me. Darrel would smile at me right now (if he were here) and say, "they are the four children WE asked for". Thanks for the reminder, Honey. I love being a mother to my children, motherhood is a different story. It's HARD. Wait, I might cry. Did I mention I am emotional right now...
4 comments:
Nicole, your 5 topics are:
Sunday Evening
Music to jam to
twins
fabric
Fashion trends you would like to see come back.
Enjoy!
Oh I'm sorry Nicole. I know how you feel when it comes to trying to make something new the family will enjoy. It's sort of like wanting them to sleep in on a Sat. they never do it. When they're teenagers and you want them to get up then they'll sleep in. Right now you want to expose them to new meals, they won't do it. When their teenagers they'll eat you out of house and home for those new 20 ingredient meals. Kids!:( Hang in there, until Lilly comes put them on the fish sticks and blue box mac diet, with a side of veggies. That's what we're having tonight!
Oh I understand completely. I hate spending time making a meal that only Adam and I eat. I don't cave in, I insist that the kids eat it or go hungry. And I'm usually mean about it--this is not my strong area of patience... Oh well. Good luck to you.
I have the same problem. Lately I've become more strict about having them eat what we have (although it's usually a lot of fight). Awhile ago we were somewhere else for dinner and Madison didn't want to eat it so asked what else she could eat. My thought was that's fine at home but just embarrassing somewhere else---but fixing dinners is very frustrating--especially considering they will eat it one day and not necessarily the next.
Post a Comment