
Easter is like Christmas in that it is a special holiday that reminds us of an important part of our Savior Jesus Christ's life. With our small children, we want to make it a festive celebration without losing the true meaning of why we celebrate. As I ponder the events over the next two days, I want to express, to my children, the love I have for our Savior. I know the tomb was empty and that our Redeemer was resurrected, raised from the dead and lives today. We are blessed to have this victory over death. The Lord loves us so much.
Several people have asked where the name Lillian came from. Is it a family name? No, it's not a family name. The Lily is my favorite flower. It is pure and beautiful. It's symbolic of Easter and when I thought of the name Lillian and calling her Lilly, I felt a reverence as I immediately thought of the Savior and the resurrection.
"And he [Joseph of Arimathaea] brought fine linen, and took him [Jesus] down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
"And he [the angel] saith unto them [Mary Magdalene and Mary, the mother of James and Salome], Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
"Afterward he [Jesus] appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Mark 15:46; 16:6,14,15

Easter ideas for next year. I thought this one was good. I want our kids to understand what Easter means and Chocolate on my Cranium posted Easter all week FHE.
1 comment:
I had wondered how you had decided on the name Lilly--what a beautiful reason for her name!
Post a Comment